**Please bear with me....this is a brand new blog I'm setting up for my photgraphy and 365 project. I'm still working on the site. You can also visit me on my blog TidyMom.net and on Flickr

Monday, August 2, 2010

{Random Acts of Kindness} I Heart Faces

Random Act of Kindness

Back in May, my TidyMom blog was nominated over at i am mommy for "Best Overall Blog"... and I won!!

As a prize, Amanda sent me $50 cash!

I had promised use the $50 spending a day performing Random Acts of Kindness and thought it would be fun to do when Bridget of Bake at 350 came to visit.

Friday we spent part of our afternoon paying for people's groceries and lunch. It was fun and felt good! People were genuinely surprised, shocked, even embarrassed, but very grateful!!

You can see more about this and the other things Bridget and I did during her visit to St. Louis.

I Heart Faces is featuring a wonderful charity called Inspiration Through Art (Littlest Heroes Project) this week.

It's a charity that centers around Professional Photographers taking photos for families with children who are suffering from any type of serious illness.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_u2yvg8hreaM/TFZLMh0lGQI/AAAAAAAAKDM/SsubUWpnF_A/The%20Littlest%20Heroes%20Project%5B3%5D.png?imgmax=800


I_Heart_Faces_noborder_125x100
I would love to hear if you do something to give back!

**Don't miss the HUGE giveaway ($300 value) over on my TidyMom blog this week!

12 comments:

Unknown August 2, 2010 at 7:50 AM  

That is such a great thing to do! Your friend Bridget has the best smile. What an awesome picture! I am going to go and read her take on your adventures. So sweet of you to do!

bridget {bake at 350} August 2, 2010 at 8:34 AM  

Oh geez! I really should have paid attention to the fact that you were taking my picture and smiled a little less CRAZY!!!

Joanna August 2, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

What a great idea!!! I've always wanted to do something like this but of course never have...& what a great capture :D

Elisabeth Joy Photography August 2, 2010 at 9:23 AM  

What a great idea!

Barb Phillips August 2, 2010 at 11:27 AM  

Isn't it great to be able to help others this way, especially when the need is there? I try to do this around the holidays.
Thank you for sharing and the links you posted to some great sites.

SarahinSC August 2, 2010 at 1:24 PM  

Neat! The picture of your friend's joy is priceless!

Unknown August 2, 2010 at 3:03 PM  

Oh I LOVE it! :-) what a fun way to give back and encourage!

FootPrints August 2, 2010 at 8:37 PM  

HA! very cute idea!

Hollie August 3, 2010 at 11:06 AM  

What a great way to spend your winnings!!

Paula August 3, 2010 at 11:51 AM  

This photo of Bridget is so natural! Love the delight on her face at being able to pay it forward. I'm going to love following this photography blog of yours as much as I already love following your Tidymom blog. Best wishes with this latest venture Cheryl.

Amy @ Living Locurto August 11, 2010 at 1:27 AM  

I'm just now getting over to your new blog! Love the post and the new space. You are a busy gal:-)

Amanda August 13, 2010 at 12:05 AM  

LOVE the picture! It is SO real!! I love her smile!!

What fun that must of been!

About This Blog




Tidy Mom


Tidy Mom I'm Lovin It Fridays

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP